Wednesday, September 8, 2010

bananas and sap

I woke up early today and went out in the living room to my usual spot on the couch where i can look out the window. The neighbor across the street was out in his garage as usual. I guess he lives out there with his dog, he's always out there. Nobody lives in our garage, just some boxes and a car. The dog across the street keeps to himself mostly, but i don't mind, he's doesn't shake my fancy anyway. There was a dog next door though that i desperately want to go out and sniff. I pressed my nose against the cold window, hoping to get just a hint of a whiff. All i could smell was a banana and the sap i have stuck to the bottom of my paws from that pine tree in the backyard. i've had sap on my feet for months! sometimes i try to chew it off, but it's so bitter i make a funny faces. Nothing was holding my attention so i decided to go back to bed for a while.

Sometimes it's cold in the mornings so i crawl up to the top of the bed and curl up with an extra pillow. A few hours later when i woke, I was let outside. I was welcomed with a cool breeze, and with that breeze came a heap of scents from all over the neighborhood. I like to sun bathe in the mornings on a bench. it's important i get my vitamin D. i like to keep my coat as shiny as possible. Speaking of my coat, i got another haircut today, i can't say i hate it. It's calming, the brush running gently through my fur. Plus, i always get lots of compliments and feel much lighter when it's over. Bath's on the other hand...let's just say i'm not a fan of water.

In the evening i went for a walk to the park, where i saw the biggest kite i've ever scene. i was mesmerized. To my disappointment there were no other dogs out, just a few people. The grass must not have been mowed for a while, because it covered my legs. I love running through a field of tall grass i can barely see over. it feels like an adventure.

When i returned home I had dinner and watched a bit of t.v. I reluctantly watched "i shouldn't be alive" it tends to give me nightmares. A surfer from the California coast was telling his story about being bit by a shark. I knew there was a reason i don't like water. I knew it! I do love the beach though. Sometimes i run up to the edge of the water just to see what the ocean washed up, but run back quickly. One time i turned away and almost got swept up by a wave. i nearly pee'd myself, or maybe i did. i couldn't tell i was soaking wet.

I miss the beach, i've only gone a couple of times this year. Maybe if Christina gets her car back Friday, she'll take me. Last time we went to the beach it was cold and cloudy, but we still had a nice time.

No comments:

Post a Comment